Wednesday 29 July 2015

Still Waters

If you could take a picture of my hidden place
You would find yourself adrift on my ocean
Painted in all shades of blue
That I stole from clear skies above.

I travel vast distances to find his welcoming shores
Where children build sandcastles & thrones
With a misguided belief that warmth is endless
And the cold of night will hold back its icy bite.

Once he has been left to his lonesome
I find myself in a tide of agonizing longing
Reaching out to his now cold sands
Only to pull away & leave my tears to dry.

My refusal to let go
Has sent me crashing into pitiless rocks
Fighting battles against lightning storms
And brought death to those who neared me.

Little do they know..those who find joy in my shallow waters
And they who dare dive deeper
Would find him bearing the weight
Of my darkest, most life-threatening trenches.

We are joined before the eyes of God & His people
Run deep enough to drown out the sounds above
He is everywhere I go even at standstill
And I take comfort in knowing that perhaps this is love.

No comments:

Post a Comment