Sunday 2 August 2015

One Man's Possession

Had they sighted the scar in my chest
Felt the jagged abrasions on my cage
They would know love not to be theirs
That I was taken against all my rage.

The battle against starvation
Drew me closer to a blood-seeded bait
Placed not by his hand nor mine
But by the insistent hands of fate.

With every moment spent in reprimand
I painted songs of sorrow onto the walls of this cell
And so with every breath stripped of its chords
I calmly descended into the ashes of Hell.

An agreement sub rosa
Between my God & a fiery Demon
Promised to the King of darkness
A Queen to incubate his semen.

Still I dreamed he'd come to me post deliverance
With my putrid name doused in defamation
My heart tarnished & thrashed about
And bored flesh crying out in desperation.

Even in all my pretentious rampant protests
I slept each night curled up in my hollow chest
He brought to me a yearning for aberration
As I fought each night for a moment of rest.

..had they sighted the scar in my chest
Felt the jagged abrasions on my cage
They would know love not to be theirs
That I was taken by this venerable sage.

No comments:

Post a Comment