Friday 30 October 2015

The Fall of Love

Before you reach out for me
Hand me a drink of your finest poison
Let us wait until the aches have no pain
And my mind is cast into darkness.

Here is where I lay
In the absence of your love
Waiting for the blaze of day
To reveal the comfort of your shadows.

The light of a thousand stars
Traded for the silence of a confound man
Your world kept in a million cracked jars
Placed upon high dust-filled shelves.

Tell me you didn't want me
To fight the demons I saw in your eyes
When you fisted your hands in vexation
And ripped me apart in your mind.

I live for these .. grim wars
For which I refuel my fearful body
A brawl on cold tainted floors
That leaves our flesh torn & bloodied.

Pull me closer before tomorrow claims our moment
Pluck my feathers & tug at my heart after all the violence
Like guitar strings strummed by tiresome fingertips
A song struggling to pierce through the maddening silence.


Just a few short breaths away, still awake & unafraid
I will love you more, lest I be Lady Macbeth
Just a few slow beats away, unchained & losing ground
I ultimately fall asleep beside your welcoming death.

No comments:

Post a Comment