Thursday 1 October 2015

Behind the Veil

The dangers I place myself in
Walking down an elliptic aisle
No clues to guide my dispositioned feet
Only a veiled search for the eyes that beguile

Tonight, I walk through the seated & secretly lovelorn
Smiles of happiness held together over a short distance
Envy hidden safely under a cloak of admiration
But forward I pace, with relentless persistence

Fate has brought together fire & ice
To forever be at war & yet tightly bound
Because alone, I would send icespears through human hearts
And alone, he would burn cities & empires to the ground

The path now cleared of lies & misunderstandings
Love's asylum now all that remains
He carefully cages the animal within
And as I  near him, he melts the ice in my veins.

To choke on the sound of his name
Lose my breath & turn the brightest shade of blue
For the endless slicing flutters in my ribcage
And for all eternity in Hell .. I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment