Saturday 5 September 2015

The Eternal Rest

I cradled you when all we had was eachother
Calmed your nightmares on pillows soaked in distress
I rocked your angels to sleep kicking & screaming
While I plucked their feathers & every memory to repress.

I sang a lullaby while digesting your clotting pain
You were too gentle, too delicate to heal
I prepared my armor, my weapons, my shield
So that for now, in order to fight, anger will be all that you feel.

I became stronger each night you slipped further away
Your angels now flightless prisoners to my demonic disguise
I shut their mouths & struck their hearts
With repeated memories of his final goodbyes.

I stripped you of your sunshine
Dissolved your blissful memories in acid
I burned the clothes stained with his scent
Sweet music in the background replaced with a shadowy ballad.

All these years, while you slept
Yes, I tore your skin away
Wore it, tainted it, had it touched
Who was he to own you, I would say.

Had I known your intricate memories
Searched deep enough for that which he found incredible
Why he loved such a quiet & broken soul
I would find his return inevitable.

Awaken, flightless angel of mine
Once I have released my last breath
I pray you forgive me for all I have taken
Cradle me .. rock me to my death.

No comments:

Post a Comment