Friday 4 September 2015

The Awakening

You are most beautiful in all your sorrow
Cleansed by the rain in your soul
Raw delicacy searching for a new hiding place
Shadows drawn back to reveal the heart he stole.

Show me the brokenness of your heart
The reason for each tear that befalls your cheeks
Pull back the curtains as I peer through the window
Let him find the quiet girl for whom he seeks.

He has torn through your fortified ribcage
Claws searching for music she once played
The calmness of her Winterborn embrace
And memories imbibed in the skin you flayed.

Your death will begin with the one put to sleep
Whispers of my slumber will crawl through your bones
Insanity will rip apart your acidic barbarism
Your shame brought down with a thousand stones.

The skies will darken & isolate you from sight
The world you thought to be yours will disintegrate
And though you may think anger will help you fight
You can not fight the flow of that which is fate.


Alas .. how beautiful you are in all your suffering
Cleansed by the blood now returning to me
Raw delicacy finding comfort in an old home
Shadows drawn back to reveal the missing key.

Since then and even now
I am gentle & from sleep I am shaken
Cast the memories of his absence aside
Release your last breath & allow me to waken.

No comments:

Post a Comment