Friday 21 August 2015

The Imperial Graveyard

And I am brokenhearted
With only the comfort of gravity pulling me closer
Infinite skies open to God's merciful gaze
Watching me follow a road lit by the moon and stars.

The winds rush to my side
Carrying secrets passed on by the songs of nightingales
Sing slowly & let my eardrums savour the sound
Of his name repeated like a mantra to my soul.

Lead me to the soreness of his sorrows
I will take from him what he thought could not be shared
He will see the symptoms of time drawn across my face
And watch his disease reach out & clutch onto me.

Until I am a lonewolf
Lost in an illusory light
Crushed and beaten by the bones that feed me
Missing the taste of his bloodied saliva.

And I am brokenhearted
With only the comfort of gravity pulling me closer
Infinite skies open to God's resentful gaze
Watching me follow a road lit by the fires of Hell.

No comments:

Post a Comment